If you’re looking for some fun entertainment around town next weekend, you should consider the fact that the Indy Fringe is holding its third annual Winter Magic Festival from Friday, January 18 through Sunday, January 20. This magic festival is taking place at the Indiana Landmarks Center at 1201 Central Avenue.
Basically, the magic festival features a unique series of magic shows that have been produced by eight-time IndyFringe performer Taylor Martin. Five of the finest new and established magicians in the world today will be offering shows that last 50 to 60 minutes with 30 minutes off between performances. You have opportunities to watch each magician perform three times over the course of the Winter Magic Festival. You can choose one or more shows from the following five acts:
- A Touch of Magic – Robert Sode brings together three great magicians he has mentored to provide a new show. The three are Reuben Moreland, TJ Ketchmark, and Tyler Nygren. You can see this show Saturday at 11:00 a.m., 12:30 p.m., and 5:30 p.m. or on Sunday at 1:30 p.m.
- Anthony the Great – Anthony the Great is a family friendly magic show that complements astounding magic with the laughter that comes with great comedy. This show performs Friday at 6:00 p.m., on Saturday at 8:00 p.m., and on Sunday at 6:00 p.m.
- Magical Lunch – Your kids can learn cool magic tricks and dress up in costumes while you enjoy a tasty lunch. The menu is still to be determined, but you can enjoy this attraction on Saturday at 11:15 a.m.
- Magically Ever After: More Than Just a Fairy Tale – This is an original story told through magic. If you attend, you will see brooms, cauldrons, and true love come to life through magic. This show is available Saturday at 2:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., or on Sunday at 4:30 p.m.
- Superheroes & Card Tricks – Eric Starkey will demonstrate his nerdiness as he tells his superhero stories and performs magic for you in this one man show. You can watch him Friday at 7:30 p.m., Saturday at 3:30 p.m., or Sunday at 7:30 p.m.
Whether you just want to see one show or see them all during the Winter Magic Festival, you’re going to love the cost structure for this magical weekend. So, click here to purchase tickets at these prices:
- Adult Tickets – $12 per person per show.
- Student Tickets – $10 per person per show.
- Kids under 12 – $5 per person per show.
- Fiver Pass – $50 for five shows. One person could use this pass to see all five shows, or you can split it among more people (i.e. two people go to see two shows and one person sees a third). It’s a $10 savings overall
The Magical Lunch will cost you $15 per person to cover the meal you’ll receive during the entertainment.