This post is for you Cheapsters out there who cheer for our Indianapolis Colts with your kids. Between now and the end of the year, the various branches of the Indianapolis Public Library are holding a contest entitled Librarystrong (a play on Coltstrong or Chuckstrong). The goal is to encourage kids aged 6-17 to use their library cards during this holiday season. The winner of the contest will win a visit from Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen.
The contest has begun and lasts until 11:59 p.m. on December 31. Here are the ground rules:
- Once per day, library card holders can earn an entry in the contest by using their card for any library service at any of the branches (so you could rack up more than 30 entries if you visit the library every day between now and New Year’s).
- When the contest has ended, one winner will randomly be drawn by computer. The winner will be contacted on January 2, 2013.
- The Colts players will visit at a time determined by the Colts and the Library, but the contest winner will be able to choose which library branch hosts the visit.
- The winner must be between the ages of 6 and 17, as well as a legal resident of the United States.
- The winner can bring along a big group to the visit, but the event will be limited to 50 people.
There are plenty of ways to take advantage of your library card, so make sure you’re visiting your local branch this month. After all, someone is going to win that opportunity to meet Andrew Luck and Dwayne Allen. So it might as well be you.