The Historic Irvington Halloween Festival has been a tradition of the Eastside community for over 65 years, bringing together residents, neighborhood organizations, and local businesses in an annual celebration of heritage and community. And while this festival has been going for a few days already, you still have three days to drive over to Irvington and join the fun. Between now and the end of the day on Saturday October 27, you still have plenty of events to take part in. Here is the remaining list of events you can enjoy:
- Zombie face painting at the Irvington Branch Library – This event is begins at 6:30 p.m. on October 24. It’s FREE, but you need to register by calling 275-4450, option 4 to participate.
- Movie Night at Irving Theater – At 7:00 p.m. on October 24, you can pay $5 for adults and $3 for kids 12 and under to see both The Invisible Man and The Invisible Man Returns.
- Spooky Stories at the Irving Theater – At 7:00 p.m. on October 25, Ken Oguss will tell stories and present winning entries to the Irvington Halloween Festival Writing Contest. This event is FREE.
- Zombie Bike Ride – Starting at 7:00 p.m. on October 26 at the Irvington Public Library, this is an annual costumed bicycle ride through Irvington. This event is FREE, and Dufour’s will be providing treats at the end of the ride.
- Roller Derby at Ellenberger Park – This event will take place at 7:00 p.m. on October 26 and at 6:00 p.m. on October 27. Friday night will feature both the Circle City Derby Girls and the Race City Rebels, while Saturday will just be the Circle City Derby Girls. Events prices will be $10, but kids 12 and under are FREE. You can order tickets at Brown Paper Tickets.
- Dracula: The Panto – This event takes place at the Irvington Lodge, beginning at 8:00 p.m. on October 27. It is a family-friendly, comedy-musical parody by the Eclectic Pond Theater Company. The event will cost $15 for adults, $10 for students, teachers, and seniors, and $5 for kids under 10
- The Pleasant Run-Run – This run is a five mile run, three mile walk, and one mile fun run through the tree-lined streets of historic Irvington. All participants will receive a t-shirt and refreshments, while the top three runners by age group will receive medals. Registration is from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. on October 27 in the Irvington Methodist Church basement. The one mile Fun Run begins at 9:30 a.m., and is FREE. The three mile walk begins at 10:00 a.m. and costs $20 to register. The five mile run begins at 9:45 a.m. and costs $25 to register.
- Street Fair – The final event lasts from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on October 27 and is FREE. There will be two stages with live entertainment, along with a costume parade, a bunny hop contest, and twenty food vendors.