Is one of your New Year’s resolutions continuing education? If so, you should ask yourself one other question: are you a competitor? Regardless of what you do for a living, odds are you compete in more than one way. After all, competition is a big driving force in our world, and we may be competing in ways we don’t even recognize. Or at least, you aren’t recognizing them until you sign up for the continuing education course being offered at the NCAA Hall of Champions and Conference Center in downtown Indianapolis.
Weekend U: Competing for Your Attention is taking place from 8:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, February 16. A group of faculty and local experts will be holding the continuing education conference to explore the numerous ways people and things vie for your attention. Taking part in this continuing education will help you evolve your thinking about competition in your life (and will help you achieve that new year’s resolution). Here are some more of the finer details:
- All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance. If you are an Indiana-licensed attorney, you can earn two hours of Continuing Legal Education as well.
- You will receive a continental breakfast and lunch with the conference. The whole package costs $45 for general admission.
- HOWEVER, you may qualify for a reduced price. IU or Purdue Alumni Association members and current students can take the course for $25. IUPUI and IU alumni, faculty, and staff can take the course for $35.
- Everyone will enjoy a luncheon address by Karen F. Crotchfelt, who is the distinguished president and publisher of the Indianapolis Star.
- You choose three breakout sessions for yourself from this Weekend U list.
We know you have plenty of details competing for your attention right now, but we have one final bit to give you. If you have any questions about this continuing education opportunity, you can contact Tanika Scott. Either email her at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her at 317-278-1720.