The Indiana State Fair starts again this week. We will be running more posts as the Fair unfolds, letting you know about ways to save money on the various activities of the fair. Beforehand, however, we wanted to draw attention to the State Fairgrounds themselves. Specifically, we’re referring to the Coliseum. A historic landmark and icon of our city, the Pepsi Coliseum is the crown jewel of the Fairgrounds, and it is currently being revitalized.
Even now, however, the State Fair Commission is preparing for the reopening next year. If you click here, you can sign up for a series of drawings in which you could win a number of cool prizes in honor of the Coliseum. The grand prize package is the highlight of the bunch, and features the following winnings:
- Two tickets to the grand opening of the Coliseum
- Two tickets to each of the Coliseum ticketed concerts and events at the 2014 Fair
- 2014 skating party for 12 in the Youth Arena
- FREE one-year Indiana State Fairgrounds membership
- An invitation for you and a guest to attend a pre-opening tour of the Coliseum in 2014
That’s a great haul, considering all you have to do is provide your name, email, and zip code. While only one entrant will claim the grand prize, 30 others will win other prizes. These range from behind-the-scenes tours to concerts and IUPUI basketball tickets. The Coliseum is a treasured relic for our city, but we will soon be able to add new memories to the old ones.