September is one of those beautiful transition months. Summer tends to fly past because families plan their vacations during this time and kids always seem to be traveling around with summer athletic teams. The holiday season begins in October with preparations for Halloween. September is that quiet month between when you can catch your breath and take time to do something different like explore a local museum.
It’s probably for that reason that Smithsonian Magazine partnered with museums nationwide to organize Museum Day for Saturday, September 28. If you click here and fill out the basic demographic information, you will be emailed tickets for two to participating museums so that you can visit for FREE. The tickets won’t grant you FREE access to special exhibits, parking, or IMAX movies, but you won’t pay general admission.
The tickets are good just for this Saturday, so we hope to see you at one of the six participating museums here in our jurisdiction. They are as follows:
- Johnson County Museum of History – 135 N. Main Street in Franklin
- Rhythm! Discovery Center – 110 W. Washington Street in Indianapolis
- Indiana Historical Society – 450 W. Ohio Street in Indianapolis
- Benjamin Harrison Presidential Site – 1230 North Delaware Street in Indianapolis
- The Museum of Miniature Houses and Other Collections – 111 East Main Street in Carmel
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park – 13400 Allisonville Road in Fishers