If you own a firearm, we’re sure that we’re preaching to the choir in telling you that the Marion County Sheriff’s Office wants to curb accidental gun injuries and deaths. When used properly, guns offer security and protection. It’s when they aren’t used properly that tragedy can strike, as several Indianapolis area families experienced this week.
Gun locks can help make it harder for those tragedies to occur, so the sheriff is teaming up with the Indianapolis Public Library to distribute these gun locks for FREE.
For our Cheapsters who own a firearm (or know someone who does) and would like to pick up FREE gun locks, they are available at the following six Indianapolis libraries:
- Central Library (40 E. St. Clair Street)
- Southport Branch (2630 E. Stop 11 Road)
- Glendale Branch (6101 N. Keystone Avenue)
- Brightwood Branch (2435 N. Sherman Drive)
- Irvington Branch (5625 E. Washington Street)
- West-Indianapolis Branch (1216 S. Kappes Street)
In addition, you can pick up FREE gun locks at Beech Grove Firearms (3020 S. Emerson Avenue) and Riley Children’s Hospital Safety Store (705 Riley Hospital Drive). Guns require care and caution, but gun locks can help decrease the chance of an accident.