With Halloween approaching at the end of the month, October is a great month to put your courage to the test and try out some spooky entertainment. Haunted houses will start popping up around town (and we will let you know of how to enjoy haunted houses on the cheap as soon as we hear the details), but haunted houses aren’t everyone’s cup of tea. For those who are claustrophobic or afraid of tight spaces, haunted houses can sometimes be too terrifying to be enjoyable. If you’re looking for an alternative kind of scare (or just a change from normal pace), you should consider the Irvington Ghost Tours.
Throughout the month of October and into the beginning of November, Irvington Ghost Tours are available on Friday and Saturday evenings. All of the tours begin on 9 South Johnson Avenue in Indianapolis, between Bookmamas Book Store and the Irving Theater. They conclude on Audubon Road, involving about 1.5 miles of walking outdoors.
Tickets are just $15 per person and include a copy of Irvington Haunts 1 or 2, or Indianapolis Haunts. Tours continue rain or shine, so you’ll want to dress accordingly for the weather. These events do not sell out, so just be sure to show up about 20 minutes early and you’ll be able to purchase tickets. Here’s the Irvington Ghost Tours schedule:
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 4 – 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY OCTOBER 5- 7:00 PM
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 11 – 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY OCTOBER 12- 7:00 PM
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 18- 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY OCTOBER 19- 7:00 PM
- FRIDAY OCTOBER 25- 7:00 PM AND 9:30 PM
- SATURDAY OCTOBER 26 – 7:00PM AND 9:30 PM (HALLOWEEN FESTIVAL)
- FRIDAY NOVEMBER 1- 7:00 PM
- SATURDAY NOVEMBER 2- 7:00 PM