If you are a sports fan in this city (or even if you aren’t), you’re probably aware that the Indiana Fever won the WNBA Championship last year. With the exceptional play of Tamika Catchings, Katie Douglass, and the other ladies that played under Coach Lin Dunn, the Indiana Fever hoisted the trophy. This year, the Indiana Fever will come back as returning champions, and your kids could join them as ball kids.
Right now, the Indiana Fever are accepting applications for students aged 14 and up to become members of the Indiana Fever Ball Kid Program. The responsibilities for a member of this elite squad include helping set up the court before the games, sweeping and wiping the floor, distributing water and towels during timeouts, and rebounding for players before the game and during halftime. Perfect attendance is also very important for all assigned games between May and September. For taking on these big responsibilities, however, your kids will receive these perks:
- FREE Indiana Fever apparel to wear for game nights
- Two FREE tickets for family to attend games assigned
- FREE pre-game meal for the games assigned
- The best seats in the house to watch the Indiana Fever in action this summer
Applications are open between now and March 31, and require the following three things to be considered for a position:
- A letter written by the student describing what makes him or her unique and an excellent Ball Kid.
- A completed application (follow our link above to the Ball Kid Program website where you can download the application)
- A letter of recommendation from someone that is NOT a close friend or relative stating why he or she would be an asset to the Indiana Fever.
If you think your child has what it takes to be a Ball Kid for the best team in the WNBA, get started on that application today to join the Indiana Fever this coming season. They will make decisions between the end of March and May on who they are choosing. In the meantime, you can contact Ashley Floyd if you have any other questions (her email address is email@example.com)