If you’re looking to see some fireworks and have some fun out in the community this weekend, don’t even think about pulling the excuse that all the fun is too far from you. Whether you live on the north side, the south side, or somewhere between, one of the Freedom Festivals is a short drive.
Greenwood is keeping its short and sweet, starting and finishing on Saturday, June 29. The Greenwood version will start with a parade winding through the streets of historic downtown Greenwood. Next, you can enjoy a street fair, a car show, and a patriotic-themed concert featuring live bands on multiple stages. The day ends in style in Craig Park for food, games, and of course fireworks. As far as Freedom Festivals go, Greenwood’s is a tough one to top.
However, that’s just the task Fishers hopes it’s up to on the north side. The Fishers Freedom Festival covers both Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30, and takes place at Roy G. Holland Park. The list of events is too long for us to list out here, so we’ll just hit the highlights (you can click our Fishers link for full information):
- Legacy Christian School Kiddie Run (FREE for kids to participate and claim t-shirts and commemorative prizes)
- Salvation Express Puppet Show
- Disc Dog Competition
- Incredi-Plex Kid’s Sports Zone
- Firefighter Combat Challenge (both Individual and Team)
- Discover Scuba (FREE to participate in this activity at the swimming pool set up on the basketball courts at the far southwest of the park)
- Children’s Parade
- Fireworks after dark