One of the areas of our city with the most history is Irvington. Located directly east of Downtown, Irvington is a fascinating mix of rich heritage and new expansion. While you can still find plenty of evidence of days gone by in Irvington, tomorrow is a good day to come by and celebrate the present moving into the future. If you haven’t visited Irvington lately, we encourage you to celebrate with the rest of the town on Saturday May 11.
In recognition of the fun occasion, you can look forward to food trucks, live music, arts and crafts, and an alternative gift fair. Here’s a schedule of the particular events awaiting you if you come to reacquaint yourself with Irvington:
- 8:00 a.m. to Noon: Recycling in the Irvington Library Parking Lot
- 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Native Plant sale (courtesy of Irvington Garden Club) in front of BookMamas
- 11:00 a.m.: Magic Don performs tricks at the Library
- 1:00 p.m.: Silly and Sassy Songs for Children at the Library
- 2:00 p.m.: No Direction Teenage Girl Band performs at Shelley Shane Memorial
Most of the fun activities on the schedule are FREE, so you’ll be able to enjoy Irvington on the cheap this weekend.