If you haven’t taken a day to go explore Fountain Square lately, this weekend would be a great time. Fountain Square has been undergoing something of a renaissance lately with many new shops and restaurants opening in the area. What makes this Saturday May 11 such a particular inviting day to visit Fountain Square, however, is the Grand Opening of the Cultural Trail.
Everyone in the community is cordially invited to, “Get Down On It” at Fountain Square for a day of celebration starting at 10:00 a.m. with a March Band Parasol Parade from all four corner of the Cultural Trail. Fun activities are planned to fill the entire day, so you’ll be in good company if you come by. Here’s a preview of some of the highlights that you can enjoy for FREE at Fountain Square for the Opening (these are only the highlights, as much more is planned):
- Short film screenings from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Fountain Square Carnival, featuring rides and concessions all down Shelby and Morris Streets
- On the Plaza, you can roll giant dice to win FREE prizes from noon to 3:00 p.m.
- The Plaza also hosts a watercolor competition from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Live music from “Swing Shift” from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Hopefully the weather will stay nice, as Fountain Square is a lovely place to hang out right now. And for the Grand Opening of the Cultural Trail, it will be even more so this Saturday.