Anytime a big event takes you downtown, that makes it a not-so-great time to find a parking space. Indianapolis on the Cheap has an exclusive partnership that can help you avoid that hassle and save serious money at the same time.
Lyft, a new ride-sharing program in Indianapolis, is less expensive than calling a cab. You can think of it “your friend with a car,” as folks in about 20 cities nationwide have come to think of it.
That’s why we teamed up with Lyft to give you a chance to try it out. The company is offering new Lyft customers a FREE ride, worth up to $25. Here’s how to claim yours:
1. Download the Lyft app to your smartphone and sign up, linking it to your credit or debit card.
2. When you want a ride, just open the app and it will locate you on a map and show you where the closest Lyft driver is.
3. Request a ride and when a driver accepts the request, you’ll see a picture of the driver and car. There will be a button that will allow you to call the driver if you need to, and you can even track the driver’s progress on the map.
4. When your Lyft ride arrives—it’ll be easy to tell because the car will have a pink mustache on it—sit up front, relax, charge your phone, listen to the radio and chat with your new friend. A Lyft is more than just a ride; it’s a way to meet friendly local people who can show you the best way to get around your city.
5. After the ride Lyft will prompt you to pay. If you’d like to add a tip for your driver you can do that too.
If you’re hesitant to get into a car with a stranger, know that there are strong safety measures in place. Lyft does a background check on every driver and has high standards for safety. (You can check those out here.) Also, the Lyft community helps out by rating drivers (and passengers) so you can feel good about the person whose ride you’re sharing.
Ready for that free ride? Your special promo code is CHEAPINDY. It’s good for one ride, worth up to $25, and it doesn’t expire. It’s for new Lyft riders only. To use it, just go to the payment screen in the app and enter it there.
After you try Lyft, let us know how you liked it. We’d love to hear about your experience.