Over the years, the southwest suburb of Plainfield has become associated with quakers (even the high school mascot is a quaker). For that reason, the annual festival the town throws every fall is known as the Quaker Day Festival. This year’s event takes place from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Friday September 21 and from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. on Saturday September 22. You won’t want to miss all the opportunities for FREE fun at this two-day celebration. The two locations for the various activities are the Al & Jan Barker Athletic Complex (located at the intersection of W. Main Street and Vestal Road) and the Friends Meeting House Grounds (located at 105 S. East Street). Drop by and enjoy some of the following activities going on:
- Carnival Rides (hosted by Jessop Amusements)
- Vendors, Craft Booths, Food, and Games
- Historic walking tours of the town of Plainfield
- Bands and entertainment including performances from groups like Ashley Wilcox and the Cosmos (Friday at 7:00 p.m.)
- Plainfield’s Got Talent: Show up for the talent show on Saturday at 2:00 p.m. to show off your skills
- FREE hot air ballon rides at dusk on Friday night courtesy of RE/MAX
- Car show Saturday from Noon to 5:00 p.m.
- Quaker Day Parade starting Saturday at 10:00 a.m.