‘Tis the season to see plenty of musical performances. Music seems to go hand-in-hand with Christmas lights and other holiday traditions. And if you’re looking for a place to enjoy some of these live music performances without having to pay large entry fees, you should head Downtown and visit the Indianapolis Artsgarden in Circle Centre Mall.
The Artsgarden is a beautiful glass atrium positioned above the intersection of Washington and Illinois streets. You can click here to visit the Artsgarden website for more details on these performances, but here is a calendar listing of all the remaining FREE music events in December:
- Saturday December 15: Indy Winds Flute Choir performing seasonal favorites at 1:00 p.m.
- Saturday December 15: The Saxy Santas (group composed entirely of saxaphonists) playing holiday music at 2:30 p.m.
- Sunday December 16: Indianapolis Youth Wind Ensemble (high-school aged group) performing holiday jazz favorites at 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday December 16: Jingle Bones (All-trombone ensemble) performing holiday music at 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday December 19: A Side-Show Christmas featuring musical holiday performing from the Indiana State Theatre Department at 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday December 22: The Artsgarden Chamber Ensemble performs at noon.
Between the beautiful scenery at the Artsgarden and the talented musicians performing their various instruments, Circle Centre Mall will be the place to be the rest of December.