Presidents Day is also a truly American holiday worthy of note … and yes, it’s this coming Monday in case you forgot. If you haven’t thought about how you might celebrate the 44 men who have led our country, give Conner Prairie a second glance on Monday, February 18.
As an interactive history park, Conner Prairie is the perfect place to take your kids if they have Presidents Day off from school. They can learn more about the presidents we’re celebrating, and you don’t have to sweat the cost. In celebration, Conner Prairie will be open to the public for FREE. Conner Prairie is open from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., and they will have all sorts of special activities for your family to take part in geared for Presidents Day. Here’s the rundown of some of the unique interactive experiences awaiting your family:
- Boxing with Teddy Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson
- Building structures as part of FDR’s New Deal
- Benjamin Harrison’s trivia contest about Indiana History
- A Question and Answer session with Abraham Lincoln (the President, not the Vampire Hunter)
- Women’s Suffrage lesson from Florence Harding and Abigail Adams
- A Giant Louisiana Purchase puzzle with Thomas Jefferson
- 1860s fashion tips from Mary Todd Lincoln (Fashion shows take place at 11:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.)
- Surprise birthday parties for George Washington (taking place at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.)
Enjoy Presidents Day, and remember that you can have a fun day at Conner Prairie for FREE to celebrate.