As long as the weather is decent, there’s really no bad day to visit White River State Park. With an awesome view of downtown and plenty of fun attractions to see, White River State Park is one of the highlights of our city.
But there’s one day each month that is particularly great. That would be Community Tuesday.
The first Tuesday of every month, Community Tuesday opens up discounted attractions throughout White River State Park. These discounted rates last only for the one day, but it’s an awesome opportunity to check out all White River has to offer. We’re particularly fond of the summer version, as kids are home from school and this is a great opportunity to entertain them on the cheap. Here are the deals you can choose from during Community Tuesday:
- Eiteljorg Museum: Adults and seniors only pay $5 admission, while kids are FREE.
- IMAX Theater: Take $2 off a full-price ticket
- Indiana State Museum: Standard admission tickets are half-price, though this admission doesn’t include special exhibits.
- Indianapolis Indians: If the Indians have a home-game at Victory Field on Community Tuesday (they do on July 1 vs. Toledo at 7:05 p.m.) you can take $2 off the cost of tickets by either showing your membership to another White River attraction or showing that same day’s ticket stub from one of the other attractions.
- Indianapolis Zoo and White River Gardens: Tickets are only $8.
- NCAA Hall of Champions: Take $1 off the cost of your tickets.