Taking the kids to the movie theaters during the summer can seem like a tough decision to make. On the one hand, having them sit quietly in their seats for a couple of hours enjoying a film can give you a mental break from the chaos of summer. On the other hand, going to the movies can be a pricy form of entertainment. Thanks to Summer Movie Express from Regal Cinemas, however, it doesn’t have to be.
Regal Village Park Stadium 17, the Regal Cinemas location for Carmel, is beginning Summer Movie Express the week of June 4. The idea behind Summer Movie Express is that starting at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday of each week for nine weeks of summer, Regal Cinemas will be showing different kids movies. All of these movies are rated either ‘G’ or ‘PG’, and admission is only $1 per person per movie. Plus, a portion of the proceeds will directly benefit the Will Rogers Institute.
With two movies per week for nine weeks, odds are your kids will see a title or two they really want to see on the big screen. And with charging only $1 per person, Regal Cinemas is suddenly an attractive summer activity after all. Here is the list of movies that make up the Summer Movie Express roster:
- Week One: The Three Stooges, and Ice Age: Continental Drift
- Week Two: Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days, and Parental Guidance
- Week Three: Mr. Popper’s Penguins, and Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked
- Week Four: Monte Carlo, and Rio
- Week Five: Coraline, and ParaNorman
- Week Six: Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax, and Big Miracle
- Week Seven: Yogi Bear, and Journey 2: The Mysterious Island
- Week Eight: Racing Stripes, and Happy Feet Too
- Week Nine: African Cats, and Chimpanzee